Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 9 - Patrick Hanafin, 2012 BHS Graduate/Percussion Adviser

Patrick Hanafin

I have been an avid member of the Burlington High School Music Department for five years.  During my time in music programs such as marching band, concert band, percussion ensemble, jazz band, select chorus, and the yearly musicals I have grown as a musician. The BHS music department enhanced my passion for percussion, and now I am performing, teaching, and working with professionals in this field. With the experiences I have gained in percussion performance and education, I now hope to share my expertise and give back to the community and the BHS music program as an educator.

My experiences include: being the youngest member of The Boston College Marching Band as a snare player, the pit drummer for various groups and performances such as The New England Tenors, Backyard Broadway, and the Burlington Educational Summer Theater program. I also currently teach private percussion lessons to various young musician around the middlesex region. I have also furthered my music education by attending programs such as UMASS Amherst's Mobile Percussion Seminar, UMASS Lowel's Symphonic Band Camp, and weekly instruction at AXIOM Music School.  This year, I am further developing my education at Berklee College of Music where I will be am majoring in Music Performance and Education.

As a student at BHS I undertook the role of being the drum line section leader, and also filled the void as the percussion educator for the 2010, 2011 seasons. I am excited to continue assisting and guiding BHS students to enhance their own abilities, and to further spark their own musical passion!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment