Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 121 - Christina Chang, Burlington High School Hart

Proud Teacher Moments....Visiting BHS Graduate Jason Yeadon at MLB FanCave:
It is always a delight to see former students, especially when they work at very cool spots in Manhattan! I had the pleasure of visiting Jason Yeadon, class of 2006. Jason is a graphic designer for MLB. He is currently working at the MLB Fan Cave as designer.

A note from Jason:
Now into its third season, the MLB Fan Cave is a powerful marketing platform that engages fans digitally, experientially, and socially. Through MLB player and celebrity visits, concerts, an art gallery and more, the MLB Fan Cave serves as the intersection of Baseball and pop culture. The MLB Fan Cave is both a local destination in the heart of Greenwich Village and a national content platform (MLBFANCAVE.com) directly connecting with fans like never before.

There are 9 "super-fans" also know as "cave dwellers" that watch all 2,430 games of the MLB season... yes that means they do not get a day off and are in the cave all baseball season. They regularly interview players and act in skits and funny short videos with these celebrities. The videos are posted to MLBFanCave.com and shared through social media.

As a designer for Major League Baseball I am responsible for the overall look of the Fan Cave, prop and set design, social media graphics and activation for MLB sponsors. I am also responsible for design involving the All-Star game and Postseason when it relates to the MLB Fan Cave and social media.

I graduated from Syracuse University with a BFA in communication design. I took may art classes at BHS and also played football, track and hockey. My art and sports background is what attracted me to MLB. BHS really prepared me for a career in design and without the amazing teachers I had or the variety of art classes I was offered to take I would not be where I am today.  
Jason in front of the wall that he designed.

No comments:

Post a Comment